UCOL’s Student Success team are looking for a Customer Service Superstar to take on the role of Library Assistant. The key focus of this role is to provide outstanding service to students and staff from the library desk. This rewarding 32 hours per week role is for a fixed term period (July 2020) on the Palmerston North campus. The role will be reporting to the Senior Student Success Manager, Manawatu, and will be part of the Knowledge Hub (Library) of the Student Success team.
The Student Success team is passionate about supporting UCOL’s students. The focus is on helping UCOL’s students achieve and succeed with a wrap-around support service to aid in their learning and wellbeing needs. The Student Success team support UCOL’s students through 1:1 assistance, workshops, facilitating clubs such as our book club Read ‘em and Reap, and events.
As the Library Assistant you will display a high level of customer service and flexibility, and enjoy working in a busy environment. You will be assisting with the provision of library and help desk service to a variety of users.
In an average day, you can expect to spend most of your time on the Library desk being the face of our library. You’ll engage with students, building relationships and assisting with everything from issuing books to finding resources. You might get involved in a Student Success event, maybe you’ll be helping to create resources for the library, or perhaps setting up a new display to promote or resources While this is primarily a desk job, there is scope for the right person to get involved in some other exciting initiatives.. You will also have opportunities to be involved in events focused on creating a student buzz from Orientation Week to our Monthly Connect! event.
The ideal candidate will:
- Put the student at the centre of everything
- Be excited about providing warm, welcoming, friendly service to all students and staff
- Have experience in a customer-facing Library role
- Be organised, reliable and a real team player
- Have an understanding of Library operations
- Be enthusiastic about opportunities to be involved in Student Success initiatives, ranging from Orientation Week activities to BookClub participation and other varied student focused interactions
- Bachelor degree, or relevant equivalent qualification/experience
- Experience and knowledge of the Institute of Technology & Polytechnic, Education or Higher Education Sector in New Zealand Education preferred
- Demonstrated experience in working with students from various social backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications for and application to professional practice in the New Zealand Institute of Technologies and Polytechnic (ITP) sector
The Universal College of Learning is a government-funded Institute of Technology, with four campuses in Palmerston North, Whanganui, Masterton and Levin. It meets the needs of local communities and industry by providing tertiary level training to over 6,000 students each year through a wide range of programmes from entry level certificates and foundation courses to diplomas, degrees and opportunities in post graduate study.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and may be required to undergo pre-employment checks; which may include completing New Zealand Police Vetting as part of The Vulnerable Children's Act 2014 and may also include pre-employment drug and alcohol testing in safety sensitive roles.